We asked our student, Natalia Escrucería, to fill out a questionnaire and give her opinions on the French classes she receives at home from Sylex’s native French teacher. Here are her answers:
Testimony of French Student, Natalia Escrucería
- Why did you decide to look for a French teacher?
Natalia Escrucería: To improve my level of French, as I believe this will be very useful for me in the future from a professional point of view. I’ll have a better chance of getting a job that meets my expectations if I speak a language as important as French.
- How did you hear about Sylex?
N.E.: Over the Internet
- Why did you decide to try Sylex?
N.E.: When I spoke to them on the phone they told me that they prepared students to take the official exams like the DELF, DALF, etc.
- What do you think about their learning method?
N.E.: I like it because we talk a lot. We do a little of everything: writing, speaking and oral. The classes are very well planned out.
- Do you think it is important to get to know the culture if you want to learn a language better?
N.E.: In the case of French, I think it is essential because everything has a cultural aspect. In this case knowing the culture makes learning the language easier.
- How do you feel you are progressing with French?
N.E.: I can see how I have improved. I feel more confident when I speak and I use vocabulary that I didn’t use before.
- Did Sylex adapt to meet your specific requirements as a student?
N.E.: Yes, Sylex adapts to suit my needs. I’m interested in passing official French exams (the DELF above all) and the teacher takes this into account when preparing my classes.
- What advice would you give Sylex?
N.E.: When the teacher brings some examples of idioms, I would like them to bring full sentences to show me how these are used.
- Would you recommend them to other people?
N.E.: Yes, of course. In fact, I already have.
- Would you work with Sylex again?
N.E.: Yes, of course.
Complete, signed testimony. Testimony Sylex student Natalia Escrucería (PDF)